O'Connor Signature Approach
Quality Facilities • Quality Horse Care • Hospitality Style Staff & Concierge Services
Unique Programs • Welcoming to all Riding Disciplines
- As Eventers, Karen & David O'Connor's careers include most English riding disciplines, such as stadium jumping, dressage, and cross-country, allowing for a broad range of equestrian experience.
- They respect and honor all types of riding, be it English or Western.
- They understand and embrace the "team" mentality for success.
- They value safety for both horse and rider.
- They are dedicated to continuing education for themselves and others.
- They are committed to introducing the equestrian sport to all who are interested.
- Their designs are safe and efficient for ease-of-use.
- They are family-oriented.
ABOUT DAVID O'CONNOR
- Olympic medal winner, including the first-ever Eventing gold medal for the United States at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, Australia.
- Only the second American to win the coveted Badminton CCI event in England.
- Three-time winner of Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event.
- Winner of the 2004 Foxhall CCI and the 2002 Fair Hill International CCI.
- President of the United States Equestrian Federation.
ABOUT KAREN O'CONNOR
- 2007 USEF Equestrian of the Year
- Individual Gold Medal - 2007 Pan American Games in Brazil
- Team Gold Medal - 2007 Pan American Games in Brazil
- Named USEA's Female Athlete of the Year for a record 10th time in 2007
- Theodore O'Connor (Karen's horse) - USEF Horse of the Year
- Winner of the 2007 Fork CIC***
- Third-Place finish at the 2007 Rolex CCI****
- Individual Silver Medal at the 2003 Pan American Games
- Top finisher at the 2003 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event
- Winner of the 2001 and 2003 Fair Hill International CCI, and first American to win the Boekelo CCI***
- Winner of the bronze medal during the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, Australia
To learn more about David and Karen O'Connor, visit www.oconnoreventteam.com.
THE REWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
The O’Connors’ reputation and Equestrian Services’ experience dictates that the O’Connor Signature Facilities are of the highest quality and offer the highest management standards in the equestrian world.
The Oaks of Lake City is the Inaugural O’Connor Signature and has been designated with the Gold O’Connor Signature designation. Hallmarks of the O’Connor Signature brand are branded stable wares, exceptional community offerings, the highest quality standardized care, and an inclusive atmosphere that attracts equestrians and equestrian enthusiasts of all disciplines.
THE CONFIDENCE OF EXPERIENCE
The expertise backing the O’Connor Signature brand offers community resident’s unparalleled confidence. Equestrian Management, LLC, the operations and management affiliate of Equestrian Services, expertly operates each O’Connor Signature facility for its owners for a minimum of 10 years.
Equestrian Management provides turnkey management, including staffing, maintenance, and financial accountability, and each O ’Connor Signature facility will benefit from the planning, design, management and equestrian experience of Equestrian Services. In
addition to endorsing design elements, including high standards for construction, materials, quality, safety and efficiency, the O’Connors approve all lesson programs which are taught only by certified instructors. All management staff will receive training by a team of Karen and David
O’Connor’s own Olympic-level managers.
BLUE RIBBON SIGNATURE SELECTION COMMITTEE
Equestrian Services’ LLC, the provider of turn-key equestrian amenities for communities and resorts throughout the United States, designed a Blue Ribbon Signature Selection Committee that evaluates if a site meets the criteria of a Signature Equestrian Facility. Signature facilities carry a brand from Equestrian Olympians Karen and David O’Connor, international English horseback-riding champions.
- Size, beauty and topography of the property;
- Site location;
- Quality of the community or resort development plan; and
- Track record of the developer.
- Alex Abella – Project Director for Equestrian Services, LLC and Director of Equestrian Management, LLC
- Damon DeVito – Affinity Management
- Michael and Jennifer Donovan – Co-founders, Equestrian Services, LLC
- Dean Lammert – Senior Vice President, Client Advisor of Bank of America
- David Light – Editor and Director, Farm & Ranch Magazine
- David and Karen O’Connor – Equestrian Olympians